Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Stealing Heaven by Elizabeth Scott


Stealing HeavenStealing Heaven


From a stunning new voice in teen fiction comes a tale of a teenage girl who with her mother travels the country as a professional thief. After they arrive in the beach town of Heaven, everything begins to change.

(summary from goodreads.com) 







________________________________________________ 

I have recently discovered Elizabeth Scott and look forward to devouring everything she has written. She writes about real people in ... well, perhaps not everyday situations, but still in the realm of possibility. Dani is a great character - a real girl in a unique situation. She's a thief. And Greg is a cop. And he's trying to romance her. This could be the plot of a hilarious sitcom but is instead a story about a girl straining against the role she has been put in and trying to discover who she is and what she wants out of life. This is a quick read and the characters wouldn't leave me alone even long after the book was finished.

Mom note: As a mother of readers, I also want to make a note to myself (and others if they care) why I would or would not have my children read this book, because honestly, sometimes I forget. This is a YA book, so everything is within YA strictures. Violence: none, or at least very mild. Profanity: none that I can recall, but probably. Sex: yes, moderate.

No comments:

Post a Comment