Monday, September 10, 2012

A Million Suns by Beth Revis


A Million Suns (Across the Universe, #2)

A Million Suns

Godspeed was once fueled by lies. Now it is ruled by chaos. It’s been three months. In that time, Amy has learned to hide who she is. Elder is trying to be the leader he’s always wanted to be. But as the ship gets more and more out of control, only one thing is certain: They have to get off the ship.
(summary from goodreads.com)

__________________________________________________ 

This book follows where Across the Universe leaves off and is the 2nd in the series. I really like the first one - I thought it was a fresh entry in the sci-fi world. This book was just as enjoyable, with some great mind blowing plot discoveries (that I hadn't even guessed! Which is awesome!) and lovely suspense as we tried to figure out all of the mysteries on the ship. I like seeing how torn Elder is - sometimes cocky, sometimes humbly confused - I felt so bad for how his world was spiraling out of control. Rather than irritate me, the dual narrators helped to give a bigger picture to what was happening and gave us two voices to listen to rather than one. There was a little bit of relationship trouble, of course (kind of required for 2nd books, I guess) which is always a little annoying, but in general this was another fun read and I look forward to the next one! Oh WHAT will happen!

Mom note: As a mother of readers, I also want to make a note to myself (and others if they care) why I would or would not have my children read this book, because honestly, sometimes I forget. This is a YA book, so everything is within YA strictures. Violence: moderate; Profanity: some nonsense words that are the obvious counterpart; Sex: just kissing between main characters, but oblique references to sex and rape

No comments:

Post a Comment