Saturday, June 29, 2013

Bittersweet by Sarah Ockler


BittersweetBittersweet



Once upon a time, Hudson knew exactly what her future looked like. Then a betrayal changed her life, and knocked her dreams to the ground. Now she’s a girl who doesn’t believe in second chances... a girl who stays under the radar by baking cupcakes at her mom’s diner and obsessing over what might have been.

So when things start looking up and she has another shot at her dreams, Hudson is equal parts hopeful and terrified. Of course, this is also the moment a cute, sweet guy walks into her life... and starts serving up some seriously mixed signals. She’s got a lot on her plate, and for a girl who’s been burned before, risking it all is easier said than done.

It’s time for Hudson to ask herself what she really wants, and how much she’s willing to sacrifice to get it. Because in a place where opportunities are fleeting, she knows this chance may very well be her last...
(summary from goodreads.com
 

__________________________________________________ 

Cute story, I felt like I was plunged into the set of Cutting Edge, which isn't a bad thing since I was obsessed with the movie eons ago. I liked the characters, I liked the story, I liked the setting, but it was a little too … lackluster, I guess … to completely adore it. A quick easy read geared more for teens than an old married lady. Shocking. Though it did make me crave cupcakes through the whole entire book ...

Mom note: As a mother of readers, I also want to make a note to myself (and others if they care) why I would or would not have my children read this book, because honestly, sometimes I forget. This is a YA book, so everything is within YA strictures. Violence: mild; Profanity: maybe no?; Sex: second base
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment