Saturday, May 25, 2013

Beautiful Redemption by Kami Garcia

Beautiful Redemption (Caster Chronicles, #4) Beautiful Redemption 

Is death the end . . . or only the beginning?

Ethan Wate has spent most of his life longing to escape the stiflingly small Southern town of Gatlin. He never thought he would meet the girl of his dreams, Lena Duchannes, who unveiled a secretive, powerful, and cursed side of Gatlin, hidden in plain sight. And he never could have expected that he would be forced to leave behind everyone and everything he cares about. So when Ethan awakes after the chilling events of the Eighteenth Moon, he has only one goal: to find a way to return to Lena and the ones he loves.

Back in Gatlin, Lena is making her own bargains for Ethan's return, vowing to do whatever it takes -- even if that means trusting old enemies or risking the lives of the family and friends Ethan left to protect.

Worlds apart, Ethan and Lena must once again work together to rewrite their fate, in this stunning finale to the Beautiful Creatures series.
(summary from goodreads.com)

__________________________________________________ 
SO MANY BOOKS I think I've already reviewed and find out I haven't. Oops. I read this book a bit ago and thought it was a great wrap up to a series I was slowly losing interest in. I really loved the first book, the 2nd one was a perfect Second Book Slump, meaning I didn't like it all that much, and the 3rd book was better. But this, the 4th and last, was probably my favorite outside of the first one. If you've read the others in the series, I promise you'll like this book. Sweet closure.
And as a side note, I found out a few months ago that I KNOW THIS AUTHOR'S COUSIN. I've been to his house. I am friends with him and his wife. Which is pretty cool and kind of crazy. And I think the movie looks fabulous.



Mom note: As a mother of readers, I also want to make a note to myself (and others if they care) why I would or would not have my children read this book, because honestly, sometimes I forget. This is a YA book, so everything is within YA strictures. Violence: mild; Profanity: don't think so; Sex: just kissing
 

No comments:

Post a Comment