Friday, June 7, 2013

This is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith


This Is What Happy Looks Like This Is What Happy Looks Like

If fate sent you an email, would you answer?

When teenage movie star Graham Larkin accidentally sends small town girl Ellie O'Neill an email about his pet pig, the two seventeen-year-olds strike up a witty and unforgettable correspondence, discussing everything under the sun, except for their names or backgrounds.

(summary by goodreads.com)



__________________________________________________ 

Since the last book was so charming, I was really looking forward to reading this one - I didn't find it quite as charming but still thought it was a cute story about two teens from different worlds. There were a few twists that didn't make it QUITE the cliched "famous rich boy falls in love with nobody poor girl", but it was pretty close. But I seriously loved the pig.


Mom note: As a mother of readers, I also want to make a note to myself (and others if they care) why I would or would not have my children read this book, because honestly, sometimes I forget. This is a YA book, so everything is within YA strictures. Violence: mild; Profanity: no; Sex: no, but mention of parental affair
 

No comments:

Post a Comment