Saturday, June 22, 2013

Dead Silence by Kimberly Derting


Dead Silence (The Body Finder, #4)Dead Silence

Violet thought she’d made peace with her unique ability to sense the echoes of the dead and the imprints that cling to their killers…that is until she acquired an imprint of her own. Forced to carry a reminder of the horrible events of her kidnapping, Violet is more determined than ever to lead a normal life. However, the people who run the special investigative team Violet works for have no intention of letting her go.

When someone close to Violet becomes a suspect in a horrific murder, she finds herself pulled into a deadly hunt for a madman with an army of devoted followers. Violet has survived dangerous situations before, but she quickly discovers that protecting those closest to her is far more difficult than protecting herself.
 
(summary from goodreads.com
 
__________________________________________________ 

Hmm. I'm not actually sure what to think about this one - I've loved the previous three, a good mix of macabre and normal life, and I've always loved how she has excerpts from the killer before each chapter, and both held true for this book. I like how her parents knew (mostly) what is going on - too many YAs (especially paranormal) have the adults completely in the dark. But I think I wanted … more. I just felt like this book was more of the same. Yes, there was a little plot progression, but too little. And I also wanted less - less relationship drama (this is the FOURTH book, for goodness sake), less angst about what's going on (this is the FOURTH book, for goodness sake). Anyway, an entertaining series, but I'm starting to feel like it. will. never. end. I'm losing interest …

Mom note: As a mother of readers, I also want to make a note to myself (and others if they care) why I would or would not have my children read this book, because honestly, sometimes I forget. This is a YA book, so everything is within YA strictures. Violence: yes Profanity: yes Sex hard to say - some ambiguous "fade to blacks" 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment