Friday, June 7, 2013

Sapphire Blue by Kerstin Gier


Sapphire Blue (The Ruby Red Trilogy, #2) Sapphire Blue

Gwen’s life has been a rollercoaster since she discovered she was the Ruby, the final member of the secret time-traveling Circle of Twelve. In between searching through history for the other time-travelers and asking for a bit of their blood (gross!), she’s been trying to figure out what all the mysteries and prophecies surrounding the Circle really mean.
At least Gwen has plenty of help. Her best friend Lesley follows every lead diligently on the Internet. James the ghost teaches Gwen how to fit in at an eighteenth century party. And Xemerius, the gargoyle demon who has been following Gwen since he caught her kissing Gideon in a church, offers advice on everything
(summary from goodreads.com)


__________________________________________________ 

I loved the first book in this series - quirky and sweet and a fun new world mythology to enjoy. This book was the same - a fun adventure, though at times frustrating. It was similar to the feelings I have in a few other series - please someone just tell our heroine WHAT IS GOING ON. Seriously. I also wanted to like Gideon a little more. Don't get me wrong, I liked it. But sometimes I think I'm just a little too easily entertained and should ask more from my books. So, eventual third book in this series - here I am, asking for more. I'm sure I'll like you, but I would like you even MORE if you would empower Gwen a little more (no, A LOT more) with both knowledge and abilities. And make Gideon more likable. Thanks.

Mom note: As a mother of readers, I also want to make a note to myself (and others if they care) why I would or would not have my children read this book, because honestly, sometimes I forget. This is a YA book, so everything is within YA strictures. Violence: mild; Profanity: no; Sex: no
 

4/2014 update: THANK YOU, Emerald Green. You delivered everything I needed from you. The third in this series was perfectly awesome in every way and this will definitely be a series I reread from time to time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment