Friday, March 29, 2013

Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare


Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices, #3)Clockwork Princess

Danger and betrayal, secrets and enchantment in the breathtaking conclusion to the Infernal Devices trilogy

Tessa Gray should be happy - aren't all brides happy?
Yet as she prepares for her wedding, a net of shadows begins to tighten around the Shadowhunters of the London Institute.
A new demon appears, one linked by blood and secrecy to Mortmain, the man who plans to use his army of pitiless automatons, the Infernal Devices, to destroy the Shadowhunters. Mortmain needs only one last item to complete his plan. He needs Tessa. And Jem and Will, the boys who lay equal claim to Tessa's heart, will do anything to save her.
 
(summary from goodreads.com)
__________________________________________________ 
 
Sigh. So sad to see this series finished and done with. Some books I just want to END so I can move on with my life and not care about them anymore, but NOT this series or this book. I kept checking the bottom of my kindle to see how much book I had left - the more the better. It was fabulous. This was a perfect ending to a great story. And the epilogue! Clare, you are the master of excellent endings. I am left satisfied and happy and yet can't wait for your next book to be published.

I love all of Clare's writing, and in the past have suggested City of Bones as the first introduction into her world of shadow hunters and mundanes. After this book I'm torn - I would almost reconsider at this point and have people read this series first. I can recommend this book with less disclaimers - City of Bones ends on a horrible horrible note that makes everyone a little crazy, even though I have no problem telling the spoiler needed to ease the angst. No disclaimers are needed for this series, yet they are still exciting and dramatic and swoony and after this book I need to reread all of the Mortal Instruments books so I can read about Brother Zachariah and be all smirky and all-knowing. I think it would be fun to have the background knowledge these books give you before you read their modern day counterparts. Clare has created an addicting and engrossing world and I loved every minute I have spent in it. Read these books! They are perfect and fabulous and I must not be alone - this book has the highest rating I've seen on goodreads.

Mom note: As a mother of readers, I also want to make a note to myself (and others if they care) why I would or would not have my children read this book, because honestly, sometimes I forget. This is a YA book, so everything is within YA strictures. Violence: moderately heavy, but mostly fighting with robots; Profanity: dont' think so?; Sex: yes, definitely closer to PG-13 but nothing graphic
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment