Saturday, June 22, 2013

Dead to You by Lisa McMann


Dead to YouDead to You



Some memories are better left untouched.

Ethan was abducted from his front yard when he was just seven years old. Now, at sixteen, he has returned to his family.

It's a miracle... at first.

Then the tensions start to build. His reintroduction to his old life isn't going smoothly, and his family is tearing apart all over again. If only Ethan could remember something, anything, about his life before, he'd be able to put the pieces back together.

But there's something that's keeping his memory blocked.

Something unspeakable...
(summary from goodreads.com)

__________________________________________________ 

I don't mind weird and creepy, which are the kind of books McMann excels at, but I at least want a happy ending. Closure. At least SOME of the people I like living happily ever after. This book wasn't my cup of tea, mostly because of the end, though it was an excellent twist.

Mom note: As a mother of readers, I also want to make a note to myself (and others if they care) why I would or would not have my children read this book, because honestly, sometimes I forget. This is a YA book, so everything is within YA strictures. Violence: mild; Profanity: YES YES; Sex: yes, too descriptive for YA I thought
 

No comments:

Post a Comment