Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Endlessly by Kiersten White



Endlessly (Paranormalcy, #3)

Endlessly

Evie's paranormal past keeps coming back to haunt her. A new director at the International Paranormal Containment Agency wants to drag her back to headquarters. The Dark Faerie Queen is torturing humans in her poisonous realm. And supernatural creatures keep insisting that Evie is the only one who can save them from a mysterious, perilous fate.

The clock is ticking on the entire paranormal world. And its fate rests solely in Evie's hands.

So much for normal.
(summary from goodreads.com)
__________________________________________________ 

Endlessly is the third in a series of three books about Evie, an adorable girlie girl who I liked a lot. Seriously, she has a pink taser she calls Tasey. And it's not even annoying. These books aren't fantastically written but they are cute and since I like the heroine I can forgive a lot of things. This was my favorite book of the series - I love how Evie is happy with who she is and yes, still figuring out WHAT she is, but in general she is just a girl trying to deal with an abnormal life. I love her relationships with Lend (her boyfriend), Vivian (her sister), Raquel (her mother figure) and so many others. I found myself laughing out loud at times, which is not something I do all that often. The "curse" put on Lend and Evie for a few chapters? Totally hilarious. Her prom? So cute. I even liked annoying Jack and ruthless Reth. I love how the vampires are all manky and disgusting and the unicorns are ugly. These books are great brain candy but still have a good moral to them.Very fun reads.

Mom note: As a mother of readers, I also want to make a note to myself (and others if they care) why I would or would not have my children read this book, because honestly, sometimes I forget. This is a YA book, so everything is within YA strictures. Violence: mild Profanity: none that I can remember ... Sex: just kissing

No comments:

Post a Comment